[Design-team] need your help!!!! bonus: you get to check out lots of FOSS games!

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 08:27:54 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 November 2009 06:30:46 Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 10:46 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > Let me know if you can help! You can claim a whole letter (e.g., I took
> > care of all the games that begin with A) and churn them out. Then zip
> > them up or put them in a tarball and email it to me, and I'll check it
> > into git (giving you credit of course) and it'll show up on the site.
>
> http://spins-test.fedoraproject.org/games/#games
>
> We're in great shape thanks to Bert, Charlie Brej, Hector Gomez, and
> Patrick Connelly, and Hisham Abdel-Magid. We're gclose but we still need
> more! :)

Really nice list of games, I'm not gamer but I like quick 5 minutes relax with
some easy game, looks I can choose one now.

I've covered few KDE games for our spin and as it seems that's not only
showcase of games spin only, I think it would be worth to include it there
too. I try to prepare screenshots but KDE spin page is priority right now...

> It looks like Hisham is still working on the H's, and Patrick was having
> some trouble getting screenshots for GemDrops. So here's the ones we
> still need folks to claim to crank out screenshots for:
>
> - Games that begin with F
> - Games that begin with K and L
> - Games that begin with M
> - Games that begin with N and O
> - Games that begin with P and Q
> - Games that begin with R and S
>
> And just as a reminder, the specs for the screenshots we need:
>
> - must be 300x225 pixels
> - must include logo of the game. If the game does not have a logo, feel
> free to make one up for it.

It's better to have actual gameplay screenshot than just intro page with logo.