[Design-team] Hello New Member

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 22 19:22:32 UTC 2009

Hi James!

On 10/22/2009 03:17 PM, James Mulroy wrote:
> I have had a look at the ticket system, I see that there is a job to do
> a simple banner for the typographic/font sig, I am working on it now.
>> We grant you membership in the team group in the account system upon
>> successful completion of the task.

Cool! Here's some tips to help you work through the task:

- currently our banners are speced for 200px by 100px. Here's an
example: http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f11release.png

- they typically have rounded corners

- The font we use is MgOpen Modata. It's available in Fedora with 'yum
install mgopen-fonts -y'. You can also download it here:
http://www.zvr.gr/typo/mgopen/index

- If you need a copy of the logo email logo at fedoraproject.org to obtain
a copy and note why you're using it (you can refer to the ticket)