[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 13 Schedule Tasks

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Tue Apr 27 21:39:55 UTC 2010

On Mon 26 April 2010 5:11:09 pm Paul W. Frields wrote:
> The sleeves are a little more challenging, but not too hard.  The text
> on the back of the sleeve should probably stay as is, with minor
> changes for release number and copyright year.

I know that it is really late in the cycle to be throwing changes into the
process, and I *really* should have remembered to do this earlier, but I'd
like to make a suggestion for the sleeves.
Around January, I attended Camp KDE in California. I came home, naturally,
with a lot of different live media. I think that one of the most striking
ones for me, one that I wrote about[1], was the KUbuntu 9.10 live cd,
whose sleeve was, rather than our current design of a simple sleeve,
folded open and had information on the front and back of it, about
KUbuntu, the community and GNU/Linux in general.

I have created a mockup[2][3] of a similar idea for Fedora 13. The wording
within it should probably be done by fixed up by someone else on the
Marketing staff; I wrote it offline on the bus. I know that this may throw
a wrench in our plans, and has a few problems off the top of my head (we
print Live images and Install media, whereas KUbuntu only has live images)
(translation may be an issue) (does our current producer have the ability
to even make these) (is it more expensive) so I would not be surprised to
see this fall by the wayside for at least Fedora 13. It would be awesome
to Make This Happen, though.

Best,
Ryan

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-