[Design-team] CHASM Logo design request

Emily Dirsh emily at fightingcrane.com
Tue Aug 3 16:56:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 10:14 -0500, Adam Miller wrote:

> Hello design team!
>
> I just sent out an introduction yesterday but I'm rather eager to get
> involved so I have accepted a ticket in the Design Team TRAC[0]
> instance and have provided some rough sketches of ideas for logo/icon
> for the CHASM project. I wanted to email the list in hopes to get some
> feedback and opinions on how this might be improved, what people like,
> don't like, and why. Many thanks!
>
> As always: questions, comments, and snide remarks are welcome!
>
> -AdamM
>
> [0] https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/108

Hi Adam, welcome to the design team! :) The sketches look really good!

Personally, I think the bottom sketch has the most potential for
developing into something with enough visual interest to make an impact
and be distinctive. Like Nicu and Jef have said, it will have to be
simplified a good bit. I could see it in a medallion-style logo.

Also, is this meant to be a logo or an icon? The ticket says logo, but
you said "logo/icon". Those are different use cases and can look very
different, so... just wondering...

Emily