[Design-team] Fedora 15 GNOME Default Wallpaper

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 18:07:24 UTC 2010

emeka at bensoftent.com (emeka at bensoftent.com) said:
> I think this is pretty easy, If GNOME 3.0 wallpaper must be there by
> default, we could add in a new feature during bootup or just before a
> users first login asking the user to choose between Fedora's Default
> Wallpaper & GNOME 3.0 Default wallpaper. Here the user is King.

That's an absolutely horrible UI; it would be like asking them at
boot time what their shell should be, or their mail client, or their
web browser, or any number of other implementation details that just
serves to confuse the user and get in the way of them actually logging
in and doing whatever task they want. It's important to choose good
defaults, not just punt choices to the user.

Bill