[Design-team] Fedora 15 GNOME Default Wallpaper

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Dec 22 10:51:53 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 11:08 AM, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> On 12/22/2010 08:44 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>
>> We had 4 competing design (Solar, InvinXible, Gears and Neon), nobody
>> backed down, it was impossible for the team to get to a consensus for a
>> "winner", we had to vote which lead to huge debates, animosity and
>> people trying to rig the system (join the team only for the vote). We
>> decided we want to be friends and not repeat the experience.
>>
> That looks dangerously similar to what's happening -- I mean the

Only then it was a fight inside the team, not is an inter-teams
conflict. I think now is much worse, is about our identity.

> increased interest in Design-Team membership within the past 48hrs. I
> don't feel too good any more (I moved the motion for votes). Only that
> we have an 'alien' design to deal with time time around.

I am a sponsor of the Design group in FAS and so far there were no
problems there, no new members accepted (ar people applying) since this
debate started.

> Argh ... *scratching-my-head* ... but Fedora Design team handles design
> request other than those internally generated. Why didn't Gnome ask us
> to do this through the usual means -- place the request on Trac and
> alarm us to do our thing -- to produce a mock-up wallpaper (even link a
> sample concept, the stripes).  It would have been downstream ->  upstream
> motion as usual.  That would have made this case so much easier. It
> would have been a Gnome3 wallpaper ... but a Fedora Design Team work.

Do you think any other major distro will happily use a design made by
Fedora?