[Design-team] Introduction

Fabian A. Scherschel fabsh at lamerk.org
Thu Feb 25 08:42:26 UTC 2010

Morning!

I wanted to do this for a long time and finally got off my butt, so here goes:

My name is Fabian Scherschel (call me Fab, that's easier for everyone)
and I hail from Bonn, Germany. I've been using Fedora on-and-off since
I stumbled into FUDCon 2009 kind of by accident and full time since
F12 came out. I have been using Linux since about 2005 and full time
since summer 2007. In all that time I've tried to contribute as best I
can with limited coding knowledge, mostly triaging and reporting bugs
and such. I've been meaning for ages to apply the other skill set I
have, ie. designing things, to the community as well and I've signed
up here to finally do that. I can draw passably by hand and usually
use the GIMP and whenever possible Inkscape to design stuff. I am
pretty good at drawing things (especially abstract stuff like logos),
people and animals aren't my strong suit.

As for some samples, I need to get that section of my site back up but
if you have a look at the artwork for the Linux Outlaws podcast -
http://linuxoutlaws.com - I've done all that. I have also designed the
Hull LUG logo - http://hulllug.org - and had a design in the
Manchester Free Software logo competition which unfortunately lost:
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester/Logo_Competition#Logo_Number:_.231
& http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester/Logo_Competition#Logo_Number:_.232
I also do all the design work for OggCamp - http://oggcamp.org There's
probably more stuff but I can't remember now, I always design things.
Any questions? Feel free to ask. :)

I am looking forward to working with you all and contributing to Fedora!

Fab

P.S.: If you want to see what I'm up to and talk to me more real-time,
I'm on Identica as @fabsh.