[Design-team] Introduction

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Feb 25 09:51:17 UTC 2010

On 02/25/2010 10:42 AM, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> Morning!

Hi and nice to see you here,

> I wanted to do this for a long time and finally got off my butt, so here goes:
>
> My name is Fabian Scherschel (call me Fab, that's easier for everyone)
> and I hail from Bonn, Germany. I've been using Fedora on-and-off since
> I stumbled into FUDCon 2009 kind of by accident and full time since
> F12 came out. I have been using Linux since about 2005 and full time
> since summer 2007. In all that time I've tried to contribute as best I
> can with limited coding knowledge, mostly triaging and reporting bugs
> and such. I've been meaning for ages to apply the other skill set I
> have, ie. designing things, to the community as well and I've signed
> up here to finally do that. I can draw passably by hand and usually
> use the GIMP and whenever possible Inkscape to design stuff. I am
> pretty good at drawing things (especially abstract stuff like logos),
> people and animals aren't my strong suit.

That's cool, we get a large range of requests, including logos, icons,
buttons and banners:
https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/report/1

> As for some samples, I need to get that section of my site back up but
> if you have a look at the artwork for the Linux Outlaws podcast -
> http://linuxoutlaws.com - I've done all that. I have also designed the
> Hull LUG logo - http://hulllug.org - and had a design in the
> Manchester Free Software logo competition which unfortunately lost:
> http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester/Logo_Competition#Logo_Number:_.231
> &  http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester/Logo_Competition#Logo_Number:_.232
> I also do all the design work for OggCamp - http://oggcamp.org There's
> probably more stuff but I can't remember now, I always design things.
> Any questions? Feel free to ask. :)

It looks like you know what are you doing and are able become a valuable
contributor. Do not be afraid to jump in in any ongoing task we are
working on here on the list. Also, if you have original ideas, please go
forward and show/talk about them.

> P.S.: If you want to see what I'm up to and talk to me more real-time,
> I'm on Identica as @fabsh.

And you can also find us on IRC on #fedora-design, a channel about
creating art *for* Fedora and #fedora-art, a channel about creating art
*with* Fedora.