[Design-team] Fedora 13 Design Schedule

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jan 11 08:23:26 UTC 2010

On 01/10/2010 09:34 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

>    * What would need to happen to have wallpaper finalized by Alpha (or
>      just after), to make more time to create the derivatives like
>      splashes?

To have this happening we would have to have faith in the process and
follow it, not have someone asking at the last minute for everything to
be restarted from scratch only because he has the power to ask that (and
maybe because he had a grudge with the team).

>    * Were the weekly refreshes to wallpapers needed or useful?  Like
>      John, my recollection is that they were difficult to attain, so
>      it's OK if the team wants to drop them.

As for about every one of the last releases they were dropped and the
design was restarted from scratch, I would say they were not that useful.

>    * The design volley that resulted in the final wallpaper last
>      release was a great idea.  What if we scheduled that at some point
>      in the next couple of weeks, and publicized it in advance?  Then
>      we could get the results out for review via blogs and other media.

No matter what, is not acceptable for this to happen again post-freeze.