[Design-team] Fedora Branding Fonts

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 9 21:11:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 18:15 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 14:02 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > Hi folks!
> >
> > I put together a wiki page on our Fedora font discussion from our team
> > meeting on Tuesday:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design/Fedora_Branding_Fonts
>
> At our team meeting today we decided to trial Comfortaa as the
> headline/titling font and Droid Sans as the body text font.

Jimmac just shared this font with me:

http://abattis.org/cantarell/

Cantarell could be a good alternative to Droid Sans. David Crossland
designed it, and he used open source software (inkscape + fontforge) [1]
to do it. Using it would be a great opportunity to support a designer
who uses FLOSS tools.

~m

[1]
http://river-valley.tv/cantarell-designing-typefaces-using-only-free-software/