[Design-team] A Few Questions (from the new guy :)

Berryhill Daniel musicconnoiseur at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 20:56:18 UTC 2010

Hey guys!

      I sat in on the meeting today and it was great.  I also got a chance to check out the video nicubunu posted and the way you guys organize and run your group is awesome.  I just had a few questions after the meeting I wanted to ask:

(1)Right now are we (as a group) primarily focused on designing wallpapers for the Alpha release of Laughlin? (And the alternate wallpapers too)
(2)If so, is there already an agreed-upon set of themes that we would like to focus on so that we aren't pulling in a hundred different directions (artistically speaking)?
(3)Is there a preferable format for these wallpapers?  As in: are .svgs preferable to photos and edited pictures?  Are we targeting a resolution or screen ratio or simply making a flexible image that can be adapted to a variety of settings?

Finally, I'm having a bit of trouble with the design service queue.  It seems that almost everything, whether it is showing an owner or not, has already been worked on.  Are there any simple (Quick & Easy) tasks I could work on?  (The artwork wiki suggested that I could ask to be assigned a task, so here I am.)  If there's nothing at the moment, that's quite alright, I'll happily work on the aforementioned wallpapers.  :)

Anyways, thanks for letting me tag along with your merry band.

-Daniel Berryhill