[Design-team] First design team IRC meeting 7 PM UTC today

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 2 16:46:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 17:33 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 09:15 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Just a quick reminder our first weekly meeting is at 7 PM UTC today in
> > #fedora-design on irc.freenode.net.
>
> We had an amazing turnout! Thanks to everyone who participated or simply
> listened in. The minutes are here:
>
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2010-06-01/fedora-design.2010-06-01-19.04.html

Since I'm not great with the meeting bot yet and I messed up a bit, I
wanted to provide a bit more saner summary of the meeting:

Topic: F14 Schedule
===================

• We added a 2-week long task to gather feedback on the alpha artwork.

• When we gather feedback on the F14 alpha artwork, we should gather
feedback not just from a blog post, but should try the Fedora forums,
identi.ca/twitter, fedora-users list, etc. It would be good to get
feedback from artists & designers from outside the Fedora community as
well.

• We moved the deadline for the alpha wallpaper to give msourada more
time for creating the initial package for it.

• We added tasks for the supplemental wallpapers project which Fab is
going to coordinate. The supplemental wallpapers will be packaged for
the beta. The wallpapers are going to be submitted via our wiki, and
they must be licensed either CC-BY or CC-BY-SA (or public domain.) Any
other licenses we should clear.

• We will choose 6-8 supplemental wallpapers as a team at our August
20th meeting.

• We need some guidelines / writeup for the supplemental wallpaper
process. It should include licensing & theme guidance and maybe some
general what-makes-a-good-wallpaper guidelines.

• Maxamillion volunteered to figure out the critpath blessing process
for the artwork package.

Fedora Design Team @ LGM 2010
=============================

• Nicu, Martin, and Pierros represented our team at LGM 2010 last week
in Belgium

• Nicu & Martin gave a presentation on our team as well. It was
well-received: "people coming after and saying 'you are doing it
right'", "people inspired by me saying 'the process is more important
than the result'"

• You can see video of the presentation here:
http://blip.tv/file/3697979

• We should attend LGM as a team at least in part regularly. We're not
sure where it will be next year but we should keep it on our radar.

• You can catch up with all the blog posts about the event from Nicu,
Martin, and Pierros - the links are all here:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-June/002551.html

Design Collaboration Tools
==========================

• We've got some work going on to make it easier for us to recruit new
designers into our community and make it easier for them to participate

• We talked a little bit about the drupal-based forum and blog gateways
mizmo set up for the design team list. Right now it's read-only. Please
try them out and let her know what you think. We can potential turn them
on to let you post messages as well:

• http://linuxgrrl.com/drupal/ blog form factor

• http://linuxgrrl.com/drupal/forum/1 forum form factor

• Kyle Baker also posted a blog post with some ideas on how we can
improve collaboration for designers, please read it here:
http://blogs.fedoraproject.org/wp/kybaker/2010/05/21/creative-open-sorcery/

T-Shirts for FUDcon EMEA 2010

• https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/126

• Tatica has created some designs; mizmo will send her the FUDcon logo
so she can finish them

Topics we didn't cover / cover fully for next week: