[Design-team] Conceptual Design Phase -same concept

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 8 17:38:43 UTC 2010

Hi Cata,

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 11:44 +0300, Cata wrote:
> Yes Paul, ... is correct.
>
> I think is the most important step from all tasks .
> This step allow us to create one conceptual idea
> This idea about F14 design will be the point of start for us.

The concept for the F14 design is based on the codename for F14 which is
Laughlin. The proposed concept by the person who submitted the name to
the F14 call for names was:

"Something that can illustrate the emergence concept, like multiple
objects combined to create a new one (more complex).

"Robert Goddard was a professor of physics, and so is Robert
Laughlin.[11]. He was awarded the 1998 Nobel Prize in physics for his
explanation of the fractional quantum Hall effect. Moreover he argues
for emergence which is a concept that says "The whole is more than the
sum of its parts"."