[Design-team] Supplemental wallpapers for F14

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri May 14 18:16:48 UTC 2010

2010/5/14 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi folks,
>
> We missed included supplemental wallpapers again in F13. I feel really
> badly about this. I think if we start looking for some early on as we
> also think about the default theme we'll be better on track to make sure
> we make it happen for F14.

I am not a designer or such.. so take this with a grain of salt please

One of the things I have noticed is that a LOT of the ideas presented
by people early on would have been good as supplemental wallpapers
even if they didn't become the default theme. I think it would be a
very good idea if we make sure that people know that even if their
'idea' isn't chosen as the end theme.. we can put them in the
supplemental wallpaper with creator credits. I believe this might also
calm some tempers we saw in the last couple of rounds as people work
really hard on things and feel really lost when not selected.

Does that sound good?

> I've put together some Flickr galleries of CC-BY and CC-BY-SA images
> that I think would make excellent wallpapers. I'd like to encourage you
> to do the same, and maybe we can prep a package or two of beautiful
> supplemental wallpapers for F14.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/galleries/72157623919577637/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mairin/galleries/72157623919363851/
>
> ~m