[Design-team] Website redesign fixes

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 12:45:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 13:22 +0200, Jef van Schendel wrote:
> 2010/10/16 Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com>:
> > Would it be possible to add these on the get-fedora-all page[1]?
> >
> > - Locate an event near you where you could get yourself a copy of Fedora
> > (links to the Fedora Events page)
> >
> > - Find a Fedora Project Community Member nearby and request them to burn
> > Fedora for you (links to the Ambassadors page)
> >
> > [1]http://stg.fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-all
> >

> Hi,
>
> The page already has a link to the FreeMedia wiki page[1], so I'm not
> sure that's necessary. I guess it's also obvious that you can get a
> Fedora copy at events, which are listed on the Community page, and
> anybody can get in touch with their local Fedora community through the
> FedoraCommunity.org website[2].
>
> In short I personally don't think it's necessary, what do others think
> about this?
>
> Jef
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia
> [2] http://stg.fedoraproject.org/en/join-fedora
> [3] http://stg.fedoracommunity.org/

Hello Jef,

We've been trying to clarify the definition/purpose of the Free media
program. The Free media program is for those who cannot obtain Fedora by
*any* other means. These other means include via events and ambassadors
etc.

The current wording implies that anyone who cannot download or buy the
media should refer to the Free media program, which is not the case.

Inclusion of the links, (refer my earlier mail) would tell folks "hey!
can't download or buy Fedora? Look at nearby events or ambassadors
first! Still can't get it? Look at free media!"

--
Thanks!
Regards,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha