[Design-team] Slogan needed for www.fp.o?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 14:02:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:13:17PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 17:41 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > A couple questions:
> >
> > * Should the Marketing team come up with some text to replace that
> >   filler text in (1)?  (Obviously people are welcome to participate in
> >   that discussion.)
>
> If the text isn't sufficient, sure. I don't take any issue with it but
> maybe I'm biased. I think freedom is a good differentiation between us
> and other distros which is why I like it :)
>
> > * Does the Design team want additional help with the slides seen in
> >   the mockups at (2)?
>
> YES!!!!!!! ZOMG yes.
>
> I think we were thinking of having 5-6 slides:
>
> - one (the first, always) introduces what the heck fedora is
>
> - one (usually the second) talks about our community
>
> - all others (I guess 3 or 4) talk about major features in the new
> release maybe?

I like this setup.  I was thinking that the last 3 or 4 wouldn't all
need to change for every release -- maybe just one or two to feature
the latest bits, with the rest showing features that are important
throughout our releases.  Examples of things important throughout
releases would be general points like standard productivity, or web
development tools.