[Design-team] Time for another bounty?

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:27:29 UTC 2011

2011/1/11 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> What do you think, is it time to post another design bounty? If so, what
> should the task be? Any ideas?
>
> ~m

Hi all,

So as you might know, a couple of people from different teams are hard
at work putting together Fedora Insight[1]. The goal is to make it a
Drupal-based site where they (especially the Marketing team of course)
can post and share stories about Fedora, like news articles, blog
posts and important announcements.

I tried helping out a bit with the design side of things and created a
mockup [2] partially based on the new www.fpo site. We're pretty
satisfied with it and most of the theming work that still needs to be
done is implementing the actual code.

Paul came up with the idea of making it our next Design Bounty [3].
What do you guys think?

It seems like a good task, but a possible downside, to me at least, is
that most of the actual designing is already done. What remains is
HTML and CSS work for the Drupal theme. Of course problems with the
design could still come up and we may have to revisit it and redesign
bits here and there.

Jef

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight
[2] http://schendje.fedorapeople.org/insight/insightMockup960_3.png