[Design-team] Hello

Emily Dirsh emily at fightingcrane.com
Mon Feb 7 21:41:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 19:25 +1030, Brodie McPharlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can design 2D graphics using GIMP and I also have experience with
> Blender. I like minimal design, and have interests in philosophy and
> aesthetics.
>
> I am working on a personal website, and I can imagine myself creating
> pixel art and working on interfaces.
>
> I was attracted to Fedora because of its excellent support of multimedia
> applications and its efficient interface.
>
> Let me know if there is a project for me.
>
> Brodie McPharlin

Hi Brodie,

We're always happy to have new folks on board! Yay!

Everything you ever wanted to know about joining the design team is on
our wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team

You should read it through and follow the steps. If, unlikely though it
may be, you do have something you want to know that isn't on the wiki,
you can post it on the list, or hop on our irc channel -> #fedora-design
on irc.freenode.net and ask.

We also use a ticket tracker to keep track of design requests. Look it
over when you get a chance:
https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/report/1.

If you see something you're interested in, and nobody owns it, you can
claim it. If you're interested in pixel-art, you might want to think
about picking up one of the icon requests, but be fore-warned, they are
not for the faint of heart. ;) If you're not sure, just ask and someone
on the design team can assign something for you to do.

We also have weekly irc meetings, every Tuesday at 2000 UTC, which you
should seriously think about attending. They're pretty fun, and it's a
great way to introduce yourself and get more involved. There's usually a
reminder sent to the mailing list Tuesday mornings, so don't worry about
forgetting.

We're a pretty friendly bunch, so if you have any questions about
joining, a ticket, irc, or anything else, feel free to ask!

Emily