[Design-team] Schedule: Wallpaper Fedora 16

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 13 21:12:56 UTC 2011

Hi Martin!

going between lines.

> * The alpha wallpaper deadline needs to be moved from 29 July to 26
>  July (at the very least) so that I can get the package in by 2 August
>  (which is alpha change freeze). I see you already changed the date to
>  that in your part of the schedule, which is awesome :)

Done!

I got to this conclution talking with mo at IRC, so our tought was to have a
pre-deadline  to have chance for minor fix (even if we hope that don't but
let's play with Murphy this time)

> * I haven't found dates for final wallpaper and splashes desing, so I
>  propose 4 October so that the relevant packages can be updated before
>  final change deadline (10 October). It's possible I'm half blind and
>  it's there -- if it is so please speak up!

I haven't add those yet. I plan to publish them before this first date is
done (june17).

Why?

Our artists are under a lot of preasure, I have found out that, giving them
1 or 2 dates each time, makes them work a little bit more relax and focus on
the prior task.

Even if we know that our schedule is tight, lets play with Murphy :)

Mo is having a hard work next to elad661 at anazonda, so once we get to the
next wallpaper stage, the rest of the artwork needed will come out easily
(or at least we think that)

Even so, I might bother you tomorrow through IRC to check dates and show you
the complete Schedule that we are handling

> * We need to shift the supplementary wallpapers dates -- they aren't
>  aligned with our irc meetings. In short:

Noted this, I will add a schedule for this.
Schedule says August 18 so I think we should make a pre-deadline for
August8. Something like this.

>  * Move submission deadline to 15 August (Monday, so that we can
>    review and vote on tuesday)

 * Move selection to 16 August (Tuesday, which is our meeting)

 * This shifts also date for verifying license, if we want to keep the
>    duration to 14 days, to 16 -- 30 August.

I would like to be even more cautious, what about?:

July31 : Supplemental Submission Deadline
August8: Supplemental Selection Deadline (through votes and comments on our
IRC / wiki page)
1 extra week just in case...

what do you think?

--