[Design-team] Artboard test server available & design challenge

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 19 05:48:39 UTC 2011

(repost, it failed to send for some reason)

        Hi Kirk,

        On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 21:39 -0700, Kirk Bridger wrote:
        > I'm still quite new to the mailing list and am working on my
first
        > task.  So please bear with me as I expose my newbness for a
moment
        > here.  But what exactly are you looking for us to do?  I'm not
        > familiar with what an imageboard system is, nor what I can do
with it.
        > How does this help us collaborate?
        >
        > Sorry for the newb moment, but I'm not sure what's being asked
here.

        Totally fair question! The idea with an image board here is that
you can
        upload sketches, mockups, ideas, etc., and then post the URL in
IRC,
        identi.ca, here on the list, wherever, and get feedback on the
design.
        People can leave comments directly on your design so you can
have all
        the feedback stored in one place. With this particular
imageboard, there
        is also a field for 'source' so you can copy/paste your source
URL for
        folks to download and play with themselves. It also can accept
and
        render SVGs (although I'm not sure how great its rendering is.)

        Make sense? I think it would help because it's much less
overhead / pain
        than having to upload stuff to fedorapeople or the wiki, and it
makes it
        much easier both to comment on pieces and to find artwork you're
        interested in.