[Design-team] Fedora Magazine design!

maiki maiki at interi.org
Wed Jan 9 06:00:43 UTC 2013

On 01/08/2013 06:42 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Can you implement this mockup as a theme? Do you have time to do this?
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/mockups/fedoramag/fedoramag-mockups-2.png
>
> The only change is that only the top banner should have the arrows on
> the sides; the smaller banner below should have no arrows on the sides.

I skimmed over the other discussion about the sliders, does the second
banner with arrows not have them because it is supposed to be the image
from the spotlit post, rather than a second slider?

> The design is roughly based around this theme:
>
> http://demo.arrastheme.com/
>
> It's called Arras v2 and it's GPLv2. You can grab it from here:
>
> http://www.arrastheme.com/

It follows the layout of that theme so well, I suggest we create a
child-theme to implement the elements from the mockup.

We have a few people interested in developing the theme, so how you
folks like to do this? Does Fedora have a git hosting site? I ask,
because if the folks who are interested in prototyping the child theme
are seasoned Fedora contributors, I will defer to their workflow. If
not, I suggest we get a GitHub/Gitorious/git* repo somewhere and start
breaking it down into tasks to knock out.

We will be able to get a lot of neat feedback about the typography and
size/space of the elements when folks have a live site to play with. ^_^

maiki