[Design-team] Fedora Magazine design!

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 9 15:26:14 UTC 2013

Hey Maiki!

I still owe you the admin password for the openshift account; I seem to
have misplaced my gpg private key :( Do you have access to the admin UI
of the wp install now? (http://wp-fedoramag.rhcloud.com/)

On Wed 09 Jan 2013 01:00:43 AM EST, maiki wrote:
> I skimmed over the other discussion about the sliders, does the second
> banner with arrows not have them because it is supposed to be the image
> from the spotlit post, rather than a second slider?

Yeh, you've got it exactly right. It should just be a flat image from a
post (not the same post as the ones featured in the top slider)

>> The design is roughly based around this theme:
>>
>> http://demo.arrastheme.com/
>>
>> It's called Arras v2 and it's GPLv2. You can grab it from here:
>>
>> http://www.arrastheme.com/
>
> It follows the layout of that theme so well, I suggest we create a
> child-theme to implement the elements from the mockup.

That sounds reasonable to me.

> We have a few people interested in developing the theme, so how you
> folks like to do this? Does Fedora have a git hosting site? I ask,
> because if the folks who are interested in prototyping the child theme
> are seasoned Fedora contributors, I will defer to their workflow. If
> not, I suggest we get a GitHub/Gitorious/git* repo somewhere and start
> breaking it down into tasks to knock out.

We can set up a git repo at fedorahosted.org, I can file the ticket to
have it created today? We use trac as the front end.

> We will be able to get a lot of neat feedback about the typography and
> size/space of the elements when folks have a live site to play with. ^_^

Yep, absolutely!