Professionalism

Jason Knight jason at cassiopaea.com
Thu Nov 11 21:31:27 UTC 2004

I understand both sides of the coin but I agree with Alex. Also;

[And since most professionals are adults and know that world is filled
with all sorts of things that _you_ may not like but that others may[...]]

This works both ways, Fedora is a project meant to encourage creativity
and contribution. It makes no claims to being "The Safest Linux for Your
Kids!", "Squeamish? Worry not dear fellow, we strive daily to insure
that you and your family are completely insolated from the peckidillos
and quirks of others!"

"We either accept all freedom for all people, or we accept no freedom
for anyone. The happy medium is an illusion."

Of course, Fedora is RH's project, and it is steered by a committee, so
we must abide by their decsions, but I don't see even mildly-moderately
offensive screensavers being a huge issue in an Open Source, community
driven project where creative innovation is desired. Let's try to keep a
light heart!

-ishikawa