Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 18 19:16:29 UTC 2007

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Kubuntu 6.10 most certainly does install proprietary codecs upon
> demand, right inside Amarok.

That does not contradict what I said. I was only talking about software
included by default. Do you think that previous of Kubuntu or all
versions of OpenSUSE "scared" people?

  Very slick, and it is a make-or-break
> deal for a lot of new users.   Compiz in Fedora is certainly true, but
> eye-candy is not a deal maker-or-breaker.

Sure it is for many people. Just visit some popular Linux related
websites and read the news or comments.

> I entered the discussion not with the intention of telling you what to
> do, rather, to make you aware of the possibility of scaring people
> away with it. The inclusion of said CodecBuddy will likely change
> that.

A few mails back you explicitly said several times that you wanted us to
drop creating a Live image. I guess you changed your opinion. Now that
we are aware of your opinion that some users might get "scared" ,how
does a introduction of a Live CD change anything? Those very same people
might have tried non-live CD versions and had the same effect.

Rahul