Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 04:19:25 UTC 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 23:10, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> So, just as a point of reference -
>
> - for the desktop we're suggesting that we just ship gaim, not gossip?
> - for the KDE CD, they are suggesting adding multiple things *on top
>   of* the base KDE set (konversation + ksirc? gimp + krita, etc)
>
> Different strokes for different folks, of course, but it is a contrast.
>
> Things I think we may want to ship:
>
> - gimp
> - inkscape
> - gnucash

Yeah, i could see the three above.

Personally I hoped that we could finally make the Desktop spin where we pick
the sane defaults to include on the CD, everything else could be gotten
through the remote repo.  We've wanted to do this for years, but just haven't
had the setup/methodolgy of doing it without pissing off people like... KDE
users.

As to whats going on with the KDE spin, well I'm letting that happen naturally
and driven by the KDE sig.  And yeah, things are getting a little silly over
there, but who knows, once they start looking at CD sizes, they might start
thinking harder about what they're tossing in the mix.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora