laughlin-backgrounds-gnome size increase

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Oct 16 13:20:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:07:24 +0200,
  Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com> wrote:

> I apologize for the inconvenience -- I should have probably notified the
> desktop folks ahead that it was highly probable that l-b-g-gnome would
> increase in size rather drastically (I myself had the info week ahead of
> the packaging)...

It's a bit more than an incovenience. It is breaking some spins. (In that
they aren't going to make their target size without changes.)
We either need a way to only get some of that stuff, or some way to not
use that package for at least a few spins. We only have a few days to react
to this. The two spins that went over size are probably going to have a problem
with removing other software and we will probably want to look at some way
to use a simpler backgrounds package. If you guys have some ideas in that
direction it would help.