Fedora 14 Beta RC2 (inc. live) available for desktop testing

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sun Sep 19 22:57:31 UTC 2010

Hello,
While it may not be what was asked for, there is a problem with the i686
gnome desktop one. When I boot it, wait for the desktop to appear and
then try and launch the orca screen reader http://live.gnome.org/Orca
(press alt+f2 for run and then type orca and press enter) orca fails to
load.

Unfortunately as I rely on orca for output from the system I cannot see
any error message when I launch orca from gnome-terminal. However I can
say the following, I know the sound and text to speech chain is working
from orca as when I give the command "orca -t" from gnome-terminal orca
will go through its text based set up questions providing speech output.
Even after doing the text based set up and logging out and back in orca
still fails to load.

This is a severe accessibility issue.

As I said, being unable to see I cannot get the error message so cannot
proceed with working out the cause, however if someone could try
launching orca (without any options) from gnome-terminal and give me the
output, I can try and find out the cause.

Michael Whapples