Do we care about the GNOME 3 fallback mode?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 4 22:55:16 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I see there is a lot of change going on for gnome-shell but I hardly see
any improvements in the fallback mode. I expected the fallback to be the
classic desktop I know from GNOME 2.x, but compared to what we had in
F14 it is only a small piece and that is broken. Bugs filed against
these components don't seem to get any attention.

Do we care about the fallback mode? I think we should because it will be
the default for a lot of users. So is it worth filing bugs or to set up
a tracker bug or are you not going to have time to look after it anyway?

Regards,
Christoph