Updated Fedora Workstation PRD draft

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 12:26:05 UTC 2013

Well if it is unusually slow we need to fix that, in fact we have an in-house discussion with RH QA currently about testing and verification of how the whole system works
on old hardware for RHEL, the outcome of that effort should benefit Fedora too. But it actually comes back to my original response, which was that if we are to improve things we need to keep the testing matrix small. The solution is almost never to add more identical components, because you end up just doubling your bug count, adding a new set of bugs related to keeping thing interchangeable and increasing your QA load. So in the end up spend your time fixing less and instead sinking your time into trying to juggle the various parts that people might or might not use.
And if you then add even further functionally identical items you will see a exponential growth in issues you need to deal with.

Christian