Workstation PRD approval

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Dec 9 13:53:18 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 04:51:13AM -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> Ok, so looking over this it seems the primary change you made was replace the use cases, with the first use case being 'general user'? Is that truly useful usecase to call out? Prioritizing something to target 'everyone' isn't really prioritization at all.

Yes, it's a vital use case to call out, because it covers the set of
behaviour that almost everyone who uses the Workstation product will
require. If we concentrate on improving the developer experience to the
exclusion of caring about the general user case, no developers are
actually going to bother with Fedora. They'll just use OS X instead,
because it'll be a nicer desktop OS and almost as good a development
environment.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org