Criterion revision proposal: KDE default applications

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 04:22:41 UTC 2013

> The
> 'desktop_menus' test that enforces this criterion is very rarely run,
> and even *more* rarely by anyone other than me.

During the entire F20 cycle, the desktop_menus test was run for KDE:

1x by roshi
5x by pwhalen for ARM
1x by me

However, not to pick on anyone, but this was broken between Beta and
Final TC1. All of pwhalen's and roshi's runs were done on Final
composes, in which this bug was present; but they both reported the test
as 'pass' every time, except pwhalen marked it as 'fail' for RC1 with a
link to my bug report. Not to single anyone out, but it looks like
perhaps the testing was not done 100% rigorously ;)

No-one at all claims to have run the desktop_menus test for KDE prior to
Final TC2 even once. We really need to be catching failures earlier than
Final TC2 if we want to block release on them.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey