Criterion revision proposal: KDE default applications

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 20:42:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 20:30 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On fös 13.des 2013 17:28, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Really?
> >
> > The KDE SIG has full access to change what gets installed when you
> > install from the DVD. If you're saying it's releng and FESCo's
> > responsibility to fix that, then as a releng and FESCo member, I'll fix it...
>
> Who decided what's shipped on the dvd ?

So avoiding the grandstanding, I'd say FESCo probably is the arbiter of
'what major groups do we put on the DVD?', but it's not FESCo's job to
micro-manage specifically what packages are in each group.

So it's not necessarily the KDE SIG's job/role to decide whether KDE can
go on the DVD - that is up to a Higher Power - but it *is* KDE SIG's
job/role to maintain the actual KDE package groups in comps. Ditto for
Desktop/GNOME.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey