Live image / DVD package set merge

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 15:03:03 UTC 2013

On mán 16.des 2013 14:54, Ryan Lerch wrote:

> One could also argue that user experience also includes the time to
> download & install an operating system. If the live image is bloated,
> this will negatively impact the experience for users using slower
> internet connections. The size of the image should still be something
> that is _considered_, not just thrown out as a "we don't have to care
> about this anymore".

One could make the counter argument of the way being forward is always
update/upgrade from the point of installment thus it ( the action of
installment )  being one time action and or conducted on rare occasion (
when something fails ) which would distribute the cost of download over
a longer period of time ( after the initial installment ) thus nullify
that argument you make.

JBG