Criterion revision proposal: KDE default applications

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 15:09:00 UTC 2013

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) said:
> On fös 13.des 2013 20:42, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >So avoiding the grandstanding, I'd say FESCo probably is the arbiter of
> >'what major groups do we put on the DVD?', but it's not FESCo's job to
> >micro-manage specifically what packages are in each group.
>
> No but it's their responsibility since it's *them* that manage the
> DVD ( the dvd is not sub-communites product ) to deliver the *same*
> out of the box experience that the live does to match the
> expectations of the user as the sub-community has shown him through
> the deliverable they make.

Only inasmuch as they are the final arbitrer of engineering in the distro,
*in the exact same way* they are responsible for the Lives themselves.
There is no specific work item that lists "FESCo edits the live DVD
kickstart" anywhere.  In fact, it's explicitly worked for releases that the
SIGs do the updates in their desktop groups - all of the KDE group changes
save one came from KDE SIG members for F20, all of the GNOME group changes
came from Desktop SIG members.

Anyway... this may be all moot - I'm certainly fine with the DVD in its
current form going away in the new product paradigm.

Bill