Updated Fedora Workstation PRD draft

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 28 01:30:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 21:30 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> We're only going to provide a satisfactory experience for developers if
> we also provide a satisfactory experience for casual home users. I guess
> you can infer that from the target audience saying that it should be
> usable as the developer's only computer, but I worry that as currently
> phrased the expectation will be that the user is sufficiently
> technically aware that we can leave rough edges that would dissuade a
> non-technical user.

Whose expectation ? Certainly not mine.

Your last sentence ('rough edges that would dissuade a non-technical
user') could almost be read as a description of the current Fedora
releases.

My expectation is that we will have to put most of the attention on the
'satisfactory experience for casual home users' initially, before we
even get to adding any of the 'marketable developer features', as the
prd draft calls it.

It has to work first, before you can add bells and whistles.