[Design-team] Different Backgrounds for the Lock Screen vs the desktop

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 16:01:06 UTC 2013

Matthew Miller (mattdm at fedoraproject.org) said:
> > Installing and *enabling* extensions by default in Fedora, and deviating
> > from upstream isn't something we'd consider.
>
> You're mistaken here. It's definitely something we can consider.

On the one hand, we do make minor deviations in Fedora from upstream
packages all the time, whether it's changing kernel configuraitons, adding
secure boot support, having different systemd presents, or many other
things.

On the other hand, I would like to think, with the number of common
developers that work both in Fedora, on RHEL, and in upstream, that we
should be able to leverage Fedora user's concerns in a way that we can
accomodate expanded usage cases in upstream itself.

Bill