DE discussion summary

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 02:57:06 UTC 2014

On 02/11/2014 01:35 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 00:39 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 02/10/2014 08:38 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>> The idea of Fedora.next and the separate products is not to keep the
>>> same default product, plus add others, but rather transition to a new
>>> model.  Sorry if that was unclear.
>> Are you saying that only these three working groups can and will be
>> promoted leaving no room for other "official" released and promoted
>> desktop products to (co)exist?
> No. He's not saying that. And multiple people have already said
> explicitly that this is not what's happening. Why do you keep asking?

You are the one that it's claiming that's not happening to me he implied
otherwise that's why I asked him.

If that is not the case as you strongly imply the answer to the
workstation solution is simple.

An "Desktop WG" can be formed that consist of members from all the other
desktop environment other then the one that gets "chosen" for the
workstation working group or simply by those that have been passionate
on this thread and that desktop working group can work on delivering the
desktop experience for Fedora be branded as such and be released along
with the rest of the WG's.

That effort should not take more then a ticket with Fesco and they
assign a liason to that working group so Alexander,Dan simply put that
to the test ;)

JBG