Board meeting discussing 3rd party repos

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jan 23 18:07:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 11:00:55 -0500
Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Modern versions of Trac (0.11 and later) can install the
> for this purpose.
>
> Since the Board Trac instance reports:
> Powered by Trac 0.12.5
>
> I should think this would be pretty straightforward.

ok, lets have this discussion again then, perhaps we could make a wiki
page/faq this time?

The board trac instance _is_ using the private tickets plugin. Thats
whats doing the private part now. Only people with the right trac
permission (the board members) and people on cc or reporter can see
them. There's no way with this plugin to later then decide a ticket
shouldn't be private and can be viewed by everyone. At least not
without further making all existing tickets viewable by everyone.
At least I don't see a way to do that...

Additionally, there is another plugin called 'sensitive tickets':
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/SensitiveTicketsPlugin
This adds a checkbox a reporter could use to mark the ticket
'sensitive' and then only people in the sensitive group can see them.
This however depends on the reporter setting that checkbox. It also
sends emails as normal so people on cc/reporter/anylists will still get
changes. Also, it fails to open instead of closed. If theres a problem
with it, it shows the ticket instead of not.

Open to implementing any found solutions... but they might be better
proposed on the infrastructure list.

kevin