Fedora board vote and way forward

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 10:48:59 UTC 2014

On 24 January 2014 10:39, Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yeah, for the installer it will be a bit hard to proceed atm,
> but there are of course a lot of other aspects to the PRD we
> can flesh out.

Sure. Given we're so close to the UI freeze for F21 we'll have to
either punt this to F22, but I think that's fine unless F21 turns out
to be a long time coming.

> I will check with legal if there are any implications in turning the
> software app into a application that searches the web for Fedora sofware
> as opposed to a front-end to specific repositories.

It might be as simple as just getting the software center to download
something like this at runtime:
https://github.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/blob/master/appstream-extra/twitter.xml
-- i.e. it's metadata, but metadata that's downloaded at runtime
rather than shipped with the package. That example is a web-app, so no
repo configuration is present, but it would be fairly easy to add a
EULA text and some repo parameters to that XML format.

Richard