Curating the metadata in the Software application

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 17:21:02 UTC 2014

On Fri 27 Jun 2014 11:50:47 AM EDT, Elad Alfassa wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com
> <mailto:rlerch at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     IMHO, Software is a very important application in the Workstation
>     concept, however much of the appdata needs refinement and curation
>     to make it even more useful to Fedora Workstation users.
>
>     What it be a good idea to start up a team of some sort to start up
>     this process?
>
>     A little unsure of the best way to approach improving this part of
>     the Workstation for our users.
>
>     cheers,
>     ryanlerch
>     --
>

> If you find any issues with app descriptions, or missing app
> descriptions, or missing screenshots, simply submit patches upstream.

That is all well and good (and i have contributed 60+ screenshots in
the past), so I know how it works. But the idea behind something more
formal would be to create a task list of apps that need better data, so
anything that is filed upstream is recorded. Also the software
application has the concept of  Featured applications, which we need to
curate and focus more on Fedora's target audience.

regards,
Ryanlerch