SELinux in Fedora Workstation

alex diavatis alexis.diavatis at gmail.com
Thu May 8 22:13:20 UTC 2014

> > Some "advance(?)" users disable it anyway, less advance users don't know
> why
> > their apps fail while app developers ignore it.
>
> Which apps fail? The majority of apps run unconfined. There might be
> bugs but generally SELinux just  allows apps
> to what there are supposed to do and nothing more instead of leaving
> apps just do everything.

Fedora Bugzilla has a nice list with applications/programs that do not work
as have to because of SELinux

> > Moreover the latest bug found on Fedora 20 with SELinux/Scriptlets made
> the
> > recovery totally impossible for many users,
> > and it proved (again) that SELinux isn't a really good software for
> desktop
> > and desktop users.
>
> That's a bug ...  "we hit a bug so disable it" is simply wrong we
> should find out why the testing failed
> to catch that bug and improve that instead.

This is not just a bug. This is one more bug. There is a constant series of
major bugs since Fedora 15 (when I started use Fedora).
When a software isn't working for so long, try to fixing it is not the only
direction. Specially for users.

Anyway, I just brought up something I consider not good for Fedora.
I guess you know better what to do!

- alex