criterion update: add "switch user" to Shutdown, reboot, logout

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 30 16:55:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Richard Turner <rjt at zygous.co.uk> wrote:
> On 30 Jan 2015 15:37, "Michael Catanzaro" <mcatanzaro at gnome.org> wrote:
>>
>> When deciding whether something is a blocker, I propose this question: "If
>> feature X doesn't work, would a reasonable user new to Fedora switch back to
>> his previous OS?" If there's a bug with GNOME Calculator, probably not, but
>> if user switching doesn't work and I have multiple user accounts, then it's
>> time to find a better distro.
>
> Yep, I concur. I'd classify reliable suspend/wake as similarly important,
> for the same reasons. I understand that can be tricky depending upon the
> hardware, but it's fundamental when, for example, carrying a laptop around
> the office.

I agree S/R is important, but the scope needs to be contained.
Without a specific reference platform or two, the hardware
combinations are too varied.  We'll never get anywhere near 100%
reliability or coverage on this, and debugging these issues remotely
is a major time sink for possible little gain in the larger picture.

josh