GDM Shield

Marco Scannadinari m at scannadinari.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 11:59:15 UTC 2015

I think the problem is that, while it is easy to just start typing the
password or press ESC/Enter, these things have close to zero affordance -
it is very much not obvious that this functionality is present.
I think that it would be best to move the password box into the shield, or
move notifications into the password screen, removing the shield
altogether. Either way, there should be clear visual indication of what the
user can do to exit the lock screen.

-Marco