plan: fix all remaining accessibility issues for gnome 3.18

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 07:46:08 UTC 2015

hi
Thanks for this link. This is, to put it bluntly, discouraging. I
would expect the gnome accessibility team, if there is one, to have
gotten further than this. Guess it's bug filing time. This is a
critical area for me and other linux blind people. Whether wayland or
x is used, orca should be able to access apps running the same way it
does running under xorg. If it can't, it needs to be fixed. I'll ping
the orca people to see what they know about this, but I think the
brunt of the work lies in wayland and/or gnome. I'm always on #a11y on
irc.gnome.org. Should I find a wayland channel and idle in there? Are
the wayland people interested or able to fix accessibility issues? To
be honest, accessibility baked into the display server with an API
orca talks to would be ideal. Possibly at-spi2, but whatever is used
it would reduce the complexity and the multiple layors needed for orca
to speak.
Thanks
Kendell clark
Sent from Fedora GNU/Linux