New Workstation WG meeting time

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 21:27:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 08:00:56PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 15:06 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > So far, only five members have answered the poll, including myself,
> > and two additional people.  Right now looks like the leading time is
> > Wednesday 13:00 US/Eastern (17:00 UTC).
>
> Note that I'll always be about 5 minutes late to that time, but knew
> better than to mark it off since that's a minor annoyance and meetings
> are hard to schedule.
>
> On that note. 17:00 UTC is 2:00 AM in Tokyo (Jens?), 4:00 AM in Sydney.
> To include all the WG members, we might need to accept less desirable
> USA times. [1] is a tool I like to use for guessing at which sorts of
> times might work well and it looks pretty hopeless if I'm correct in
> thinking we have WG members on each of these continents.
>
> [1]
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20150401&p1=605&p2=43&p3=37&p4=248&p5=240

Good news, Jens and one other WG member answered.  The front running
times are now:

Monday 1300 UTC / 09:00am EDT
Friday 1300 UTC / 09:00am EDT
Friday 1400 UTC / 10:00am EDT

Everyone appears to be available then.  If there's not any other
preference I would prefer Monday -- Fridays are generally bad days for
meetings, and they would be Friday night Jens' time.  (Jens, I know
realistically you said you're available then, but meeting on Friday
night just seems like a bad idea.)

(1) Any critical objections to doing Monday 9:00am?

(2) Can we shift to that time for a Monday April 13 meeting?