Workstation FESCo summary - draft

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon May 11 14:56:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 08:58 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> "Usable" != "works on every machine." There are too many permutations
> to guarantee that.  But after some surveys of other reviews and user
> reports I'm resetting this to "making progress."

It's usable. Here are the problems I see:

* Can't copy/paste between apps. IMO a blocker for F23.
* Context menus appear in random locations. IMO a blocker for F23.
* Cursor is too large in apps. IMO a blocker for F23.
* gnome-terminal seems to shrink automatically, and the overlay when
resizing it does not appear.
* gnome-shell and gdm crash in tandem sometimes, and gnome-shell
cannot reload.
* Windows launch with weird sizes.
* Mouse scroll wheel doesn't work in gnome-shell overview.
* Accelerated compositing is broken in WebKitGTK+.

I'm not working on this, but keeping Wayland as default for F23 is
looking entirelly feasible.