Darktable Copr

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 10 12:13:13 UTC 2015

On 09/09/2015 06:20 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> Hm... we want to keep Darktable featured in GNOME Software. But I think
> we are taking the anti-bundling crusade a bit too far, especially
> considering we're about to *mandate* bundling for the *vast majority*
> of libraries by nature of xdg-app.

FWIW this application is critical to my workflow getting things done in
Fedora; it's not optional and is a needed application. I know it is for
others using Fedora for design work - including the Fedora design team -
as well:

1) Now that it's been retired from F23, what is going to happen when we
do an upgrade from F22 to F23? Is the F22 version going to remain on our
systems, potentially in a broken and unusable state? It doesn't seem
that it would be possible for me to get the newer version as part of the
system upgrade, unless there was some logic in place to add the copr
somehow and upgrade as part of the process (since we already clearly
opted in to running the software?)

2) Is the Fedora Design Suite still going to be able to be built with
Darktable in it, or will it have to be treated as a remix now and renamed?

3) For fresh installs of F23, how involved is it to enable a copr and
install darktable from GNOME software?

Apologies if this isn't the appropriate place to ask these questions;
I'm happy to redirect given a pointer.

~m