LD Changes To Implicit DSO Linking Update

Charley Wang chwang at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 22:40:11 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

This is an update to let maintainers know that the changes to
LD outlined here :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking
have been pushed to Fedora rawhide.

The details behind what this feature will do, along with how to
get failing packages to build can be found here :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange

Also, packages that have failed to build under these new changes can
be found here :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DSOLinkBugs

Roland Grunberg and I will rebuild these packages continually and
update the DSOLinkBugs when we can and/or suggest patches.

We will also be available as much as possible via e-mail and on IRC
freenode at #fedora-DSO to help you make the necessary changes.

Thank you for your time,
Charley