New packaging policy: privilege escalation policy

Adam Williamson awilliam at
Tue Feb 16 21:39:10 UTC 2010

This is to announce that the privilege escalation policy which has been
under discussion and revision in the QA and development groups, and in
FESCo, for the last few weeks has been approved at today's FESCo

The policy can be found here for now:

Please take it into account in future packaging work.

I believe the policy should be referenced in the packaging guidelines:

and should be renamed to:

However, I do not have the privileges to perform either of these
actions. If someone with the appropriate privileges could do these for
me, it would be appreciated.

Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey