Fedora 13 has been branched!!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 17 04:10:17 UTC 2010

That's right folks, we are now branched for Fedora 13.  What does this
mean to you?  Well that depends on who "you" are, here are some "you"s
that we wrote about:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Use_Cases

The real take away here is explained at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Branch_Freeze_Policy

The upshot is that if you want to get a build into Fedora 13, you gotta
build from F-13/ and you gotta put it in bodhi.  The good news is that
if your package isn't critical path, it's just like any other update in
bodhi, you decide when it goes stable.  If it's critical path, releng or
QA will have to give it karma, but that means somebody will look at it!
(We're working on ways to make it more visible to the user that your
package is critical path).

There are new paths on the mirrors too:

pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide <-- this is the new home of
rawhide.  Builds from devel/ go here.  This is now the F-14 development
ground.

pub/fedora/linux/development/13 <-- this is the branched Fedora 13.
Builds from F-13/ that make it through bodhi as stable show up here.
This is what we'll use to make the Alpha, Beta, Final release and all
the snapshots in between and the nightly attempt at instllable images.

pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/13 <-- this is where the testing
updates go for the branched 13.  Test 'em here before they go to stable.

For a better picture, see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_frozen_rawhide_announce_plan#Tree.2FRepo_Overview

I have disabled the rsync part of the rawhide compose process so that I
can do things by hand tomorrow and ensure we don't screw up the mirrors,
so you'll see a delay in things.  We'll also do the branched tree
compose by hand as well and then sync the output at the same time to
preserve hardlinks.  It'll be a fun day!  Hop by #fedora-devel if you've
got questions and somebody will try to help you.

Welcome to the world of No Frozen Rawhide!!!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!